Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all Mothers both present and future. It seems like most blogs are about our children or grandchildren but, it wouldn't happen if not for their Mothers. I just like to thank my mother for all she has done for me throughout the years, Also thank my wife for the great mother she is to our children. Our kids are who they are because of the time and teachings that Dawna spent with them. I love our grandchildren and am thankful for my daughters and daughter in law who are so great in doing what they do.

Week in review, this has been a busy week, it seems as if May just got started and if is almost half over. The first of the week it still was very wet from all the rain we got last weekend. I did a little work in the garden and cleaned up the motorcycle. Thursday morning Dawna and I left at 7:30 am to drive to Newburg Or. to attend Nyssa's High School Choir performance at the state competition. It is just over a 6 hour drive to get there. We got there in time to see several choirs perform along with Nyssa. Nyssa had a great performance. They placed 5th. David said in the sight reading that they messed up. Nyssa was the Highest placed public school. All the rest of the schools that placed were private schools. On the way home we missed one of the interchanges in Portland and ended up circling on the the interstate in rush hour (?) traffic for about and hour and half. We were sure glad to get past Troutdale and out of the heavy traffic. We made it home about midnight. Was it worth 13 hours of driving for a 15 min performance? We thought it was. I would have some pictures but I forgot my camera.

Aunt Louisa, who was Dad's older Sister passed away on Friday. She was a really great person. I always thought it was a special treat when I got to visit Her and Uncle Ray. She had a great sense of humor and I will always remember Her laughter. I will ride down to Utah with Margie and Doug to go to the funeral this coming week. This next week will be busy with the trip and trying to get everything done for David's graduation. Our front sidewalk is no longer the moat but I don't think that I will get it poured by next weekend before we have company. It may be a temporary boardwalk for the next week or two. Such is life.

No comments: